Friday, November 15, 2013

Oh. Hai There.

So as I write this, I am slightly frustrated because I wrote a whole essay on here a few nights ago when my phone had a blitz while I was trying to save it. It was, probably, one of my best written posts ever. It was written so eloquently, that I cried when my phone blooped.

Anyhow... I promised a post about the Idaho trip a long time ago, but my life had been quite busy as of late. So I have been seriously behind on my postings, but for wonderful reasons!

On August 1st, I began my very first day as a working gal. I now work at Baker's Drive Thru. It is a delicious fast food chain found only in the Inland Empire of Southern California. It is such an amazing family oriented restaurant chain, and I feel privileged to work there. I was originally hired to be a drinks and dining room backup, getting maybe 20 hours a week, but I climbed up the ladder quite quickly with my fast learning mind and good work ethic. I now work the cashier and drive thru, and get 28-34 hours a week.

Thank goodness for those hours! We now have our very own little apartment, after our roommate decided to leave we spent three months barely getting by with that $924 rent. Our new apartment is a little diamond in the rough. I found her on Craigslist, after searching and looking at some pretty pricey apartments that weren't available. I saw the photos, which were awful and didn't do her any justice, but my heart and my bank account said give it a chance. We have my vinyl record up, some new furniture and a new soup pot (I can't wait to make Albóndigas again) that my in-laws got for us (gracias Blanca y Daniel), and have really settled in. I am absolutely in love with this spunky little place. Oh, did I mention its $600 a month, the power bill is super cheap and we live right next door to our favorite grocery store?! It was such a steal, and I will forever that this was a very good decision on Mr. Apprehensive and I's behaves.

Also, the love and I's relationship has grown so much since we first married. We spend much more time together, talk, and share our feelings so much easier. I believe it helps when you don't have a roommate! It's just us and it feels amazing. Having our own home is a blessing. We also will be adding a new member to the family. A sweet Schnauzer puppy that we have named Mopsy. She will hopefully be coming here within the next month from my parents in Idaho. I truly cannot wait to meet her. She will be spoiled and loved unconditionally.

And tomorrow... The much anticipated day that we have been wanting to come since forever, it seems. With the help of Blanca and Daniel, we will be purchasing our first car! YAY!!!! We are hopefully getting a little 2000 Ford Focus zx3 for 2300 (or less if we can get the owner to go lower). No more walking to work! YES!!! I will try to post pictures of the car, apartment, and puppy later.

So that was the much less eloquently written story of our lives for the last few months. I hope you enjoyed. I'm not promising anything this time. ;) Goodnight.

The Kitty Wumpus

No comments:

Post a Comment