Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012: One Door Closing



Oh My... How to start. Well, it is a new year. Let me tell you a little about last year. It was January 1st 2012, I was single but absolutely in love with this absolutely charming and handsome guy. I need to mention that we had been together previously for two years, in a long distance relationship. Long story short, we had recently split. I was in a messy, muddy and ugly heap of sorrow over the entire ordeal. I was 18. What do you expect? I decided to try and start fresh. My resolutions? Why, to move out of little old Homedale, Idaho, of course. To be on my own and to be a new bird... Little did my heart and mind know! I spent six months trying to get through it all, while studying to be a nurse, and also dealing with my older sister Molly and my niece Lorelei moving to Washington.

Thankfully I had some really amazing guy friends, Sal and Ismahel. They are, I swear, my long lost brothers. Every tear filled evening ended up as a fun night of hookah and games of Uno with the boys. Their endless amounts of encouraging words made it easier.

All the while, there he was. Still lurking around. Making my heart beat faster, and harder. We would still have those random memory filled, heart throbbing conversations into the early hours of the morning. We wanted to move on but we were stopping each other, because we knew in our pitiful and selfish hearts that neither of us were ready or able to let go. Thank God for our angry and sad little hearts! I spent a lot of time going to Church, praying, and talking to God in that time. And I found he gives us miracles.

On May 30th, 2012, with the help of my grandmother Janet, my Aunt Lori, a lucky gambling streak, and long meaningful conversations and arguments about what we were going to do, I found myself on a plane headed to see the love of my life. The alluring and dorky, Christopher Bueno. We had decided, that if I could somehow make it to him again, we would find a way to be together. Now, just a side note. A funny story within this novel of a post is that back in December of 2011 he had promised that if we happened to get back together, it would be forever. So I ended up in his dorm room at Cal State University San Bernardino. And it was amazing being in his arms again.

Then what do you know... A week into it. Two days after my 19th birthday. We were laying in a smaller than twin size bed, I was thinking nothing of engagement or marriage, when he sighed heavily and said "Kitty, I have something to ask you. But I'm afraid to." I cut him off and asked what he needed. Thinking he needed my help. He told me not to to worry about it. But you see, I am a worrier! So that was no good.

So for three days I sat and thought and thought. Wracking my little brain trying to figure out what could he need. Then, not a lightbulb, but a thousand fireworks lit within my mind. There we were laying in bed again, and I was trying so hard to make my voice strong, but it was shakey because I was terrified that I was letting my imagination get away with me, when finally managed to let out, "I think I know what you wanted to ask me, and what you need help with."

That's how it happened. How I became engaged to my dream man. And within a month we were in Idaho preparing for a little and sweet court house wedding with only my grandparents, my parents and little sister, his little brother and our closest friends. So on July 3rd 2012, I became Mrs. Katherine Violet Bueno. And later that night we all went and saw fireworks in the horridly sweet county where we met our sophomore year in high school.

Now I live in San Bernardino, California. Back in the city life where I am burning bright like those fireworks that lit in my head and heart in June, and then in the sky on that beautiful night where I became the happiest woman in the world. I have spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years eve with the most amazing soul and spirit I have ever met. Had my first New Years Kiss. Been welcomed into a new and beautiful family. And kept studying to be a nurse. And I couldn't have done it without all of those mentioned persons' help.

Today is January 2nd 2013. I'm 19, married to my soulmate, happy, and still studying. Last years resolutions were gone through with. Right now I am relaxing to The Civil Wars, and in a while I get to go "mee mees" with my dear husband.









No comments:

Post a Comment