Monday, January 21, 2013

A Princess Shouldn't Cry

Oh goodness, where do I start. Well, I decided on the break. So that's good. Let me see.... Oh yes. My adoring husband starts school again tomorrow. That will be an adjustment. But it is better than staying home and not playing on the computer! Ha! I'm actually proud, and happy that he is starting classes again. It's good for him to get out of the apartment and do something. This something is actually worthy of applause, if I do say so myself.
Apartment... Apartment. Apartment. Apartment. I hate that evil word. It's home, but it's not really home. It doesn't have that "home sweet home" cozy feeling. Maybe because the lack of wall hangings and color, or perhaps it's gross carpet and our stained furniture. Nope, it has to be the mismatched (and not in a cute way) dishes and silverware. Oh wait, I have it! All the strangers that track through.
But all in all, at the end of the day, it is home. It's where we are spending our first as a married couple. That makes it and it's flaws all so special to me. And then, if I go into the hallway, turn right and go through the bedroom door, I can escape the blandness. Here, we have all the colors and coziness. It's my comfort zone and when I'm here cuddled up to my lovely Christopher, it is Heaven. So, that is my relationship with the apartment. Love/hate.
Computer. Oh that beautiful, devilish little piece of technology. I would love it, but for the fact that it steals my precious husband away from me. All. The. Time. Now, I know we need our own time, but goodness... Eight hours or more on the computer is not a worthy accomplishment. However, I know that Chris vents and relaxes when he plays pc games with his friends, some of which he doesn't see very often. Buuut... I feel like the games and parties are the only reason some of those "friends" are around for. The fact that they can be so immature and keep a guy, who they know quite well is married and has other duties, on those games for hours upon hours, really upsets me.
I just don't know how to confront them or Chris about it. I don't want to be the evil B. But they and my husband, need to learn that he has other responsibilities. And if they were truly his friends... They would, oh you know, come visit, not because it has drinks involved but because they genuinely want to see Chris. Oh... And I would like for my husband to have a normal sleeping schedule. One that consists of sleeping when it is dark out. And maybe... Sounding selfish. He could spend time with me? *bats eyelashes, and innocently smiles*
Emotional. Oh yes. Today I have been QUITE emotional. No apparent reason. I wanted to go to the store earlier to buy a loaf or bread and a few other staples, and I wanted to walk. I've been dying for fresh air. Chris agreed but a few minutes later changed his mind and suggested we wait to see if our roomate and his friend, who has a car, were going to the store. Well I got a little upset over that, but I sat down and caught up on some blogs I have been following. Our roomate came out and saw that we hadn't gone to the store and asked if I wanted a ride, but at that point I had lost my drive. So I said no.
Well... Chris got peeved that I didn't go. And that did it. I got teary and had to hold them in until I got to the room. I cried a little, but then I told myself tears weren't worth it. So I decided to do laundry, clean the room, and scrub the bathroom down. I scrubbed the toilet with my bare hands, because I am out of gloves. And I did it for Mr. PickyAboutTheToilet, out of genuine love. I hung his clothes, made the bed, and organized the medicine cabinet. And I was feeling much better.
So...having nothing left to do, and noticing my love was in-between games I decided to go and nuzzle his neck and head. Trying to get his attention. I asked for him to come cuddle me. He was only being silly as he is a very goofy person, but for some reason when he said "I don't want to cuddle. Cuddling is for losers." Then changed the subject, to something on Facebook. He asked me a question that I would have been able to answer. But... My silly emotions, prevented me from answering and thus I said it the wrong way and he didn't understand so he laughed at me. And there I was again... Headed to the room to hide my tears. I don't know why, I am so sensitive today. It's just ridiculous. I hate when I get this emotional and cry at the drop of a dime.It makes me feel weak.
Well, I am still in my comfort zone. Waiting for my lovely Mr. NoSnuggles to get off his games. But it seems there is no end in sight. So I might go take my, second, bubble bath of the day. Or find something sweet to snack or sip on.
Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment